Sunday 29 November 2009

UV warnings and SPF

So my first ever taste of the worst the sun can throw at me - yes I got a sunburn on Saturday. I am a traditional shade of lobster red. One of those mixed days of rain, wind and sun; and I wore a silly cami top (and factor 30! spf).

So my lesson is - always wear SPF - all over; seek more shade; carry a cover up top of some sort. or as they say over here; slip slap, slop, seek and slide! yep two extra words...

Protect yourself in five ways from skin cancer: Slip! Slop! Slap! Seek! Slide!
Slip on sun protective clothing that covers as much of your body as possible.
Slop on SPF 30+ broad spectrum sunscreen liberally to dry skin, at least 20 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply every two hours when outdoors.
Slap on a broad brimmed hat that shades your face, neck and ears.
Seek shade
Slide on sunglasses.

No comments: