Monday 19 January 2009

Avatar Abuse

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1120106/What-happened-took-Mandys-avatar-Second-Life.html
Hmm should you be able to Trade Mark yourself to prevent avatar abuse????? I mean I have no particular thoughts about Peter Mandleson; well i know you can get a Brad Pitt or a Princess Di avatar and abuse them - quite literally - to your hearts content. I suppose seeing in done by a(dare I call the Daily Mail a newspaper) tabloid is hardly news and actually mildly amusing - given the scope of places to go in SL they could have got him into a lot more sticky situations.

But how would I feel if it were me - best left unthought of; but then I am not famous and therefore not public property. If you want to get your boyfriend to dress as Indiana Jones, someone from Stargate or indeed Captain Kirk that's your business - but if you wanted to mis-represent a politician in a public forum? surely that's grounds for legal action??

No comments: