Friday 6 February 2009

Couch to 5k

Well now I am back on my feet I am hoping to get back to running. So, joined the gym at work and starting on the interval training programme offered by 'Couch to 5K' with supportive podcasts (and some very nice trendy music) the podcasts are by an American whose honeyed tones really help without being intrusive. http://www.c25k.com/

Yes, I am running on the treadmill to start. Why? well firstly the weather in London right now is not conducive to outside running. secondly - interval training makes you look a bit dorky (OK a lot dorky) and thirdly - I am unfit and need both a heart monitor and something to control my pace. The treadmill does that at least for the first 3-4 weeks of training.

And once I feel happy with weather, my pace and stamina - its onto the roads of London. Walkrunjog can help you plan your route anywhere in the world - or show you routes others use... http://www.walkjogrun.net/

I feel I might be setting up some walks as well using this great mash-up!

No comments: